Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Interested in hsmm-mesh?

  1. #1
    Webmaster KF7CCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    174
    Blog Entries
    68
    Downloads
    171
    Uploads
    253

    Interested in hsmm-mesh?

    I recently started getting interested in hsmm-mesh (hsmm-mesh.org). Is anyone using it? And if so, what for?

    I've seen a little more local info at phxmesh.com.

  2. #2
    Sorry to open an old thread. I have been experimenting with HSMM-mesh for a few weeks now. I have it running on a WRT-54GL and I also have it running on a raspberry pi for testing purposes. I would like to try to set up a longer link, but I havent yet purchased any equipment to do that (high gain antenna, PoE injectors, etc). Have you had any more success with hsmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by KF7CCC View Post
    I recently started getting interested in hsmm-mesh (hsmm-mesh.org). Is anyone using it? And if so, what for?

    I've seen a little more local info at phxmesh.com.

  3. #3
    Webmaster KF7CCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    174
    Blog Entries
    68
    Downloads
    171
    Uploads
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by KG7FIO View Post
    Sorry to open an old thread. I have been experimenting with HSMM-mesh for a few weeks now. I have it running on a WRT-54GL and I also have it running on a raspberry pi for testing purposes. I would like to try to set up a longer link, but I havent yet purchased any equipment to do that (high gain antenna, PoE injectors, etc). Have you had any more success with hsmm?
    I haven't got too much further... everything is still part 15 for me too. When you say you've got it running on a Pi, does that mean the Pi is running OSLR and connecting adhoc? I'd be interested in learning how you did that. I've got a Pi, but it's just running as a web server connected to one of the Linksys ports via Ethernet.

    There's a Phoenix HSMM group at phxmesh.com... not many changes there recently, but the equipment info section was interesting.

  4. #4
    Using this github project: https://github.com/urlgrey/hsmm-pi I used the same wifi adapter chipset to make things easy. Not as functional as using a WRT54, but at least you can use it for testing if a node isnt close to you. I checked on the map on the phoenix hsmm site and there is a node that could potentially be reachable from my house, but I'd have to put some considerable work into getting them to mesh. Maybe when I get more free time

    Quote Originally Posted by KF7CCC View Post
    I haven't got too much further... everything is still part 15 for me too. When you say you've got it running on a Pi, does that mean the Pi is running OSLR and connecting adhoc? I'd be interested in learning how you did that. I've got a Pi, but it's just running as a web server connected to one of the Linksys ports via Ethernet.

    There's a Phoenix HSMM group at phxmesh.com... not many changes there recently, but the equipment info section was interesting.

  5. #5
    TBARC Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    We've been working with HSMM-Mesh nodes (now BBHN-Mesh) over on the 4x4 Ham group. www.4x4Ham.com

    Primary interests are running nodes mobile. Setting up mesh networks at sites such as Field Day. Running services such as IRC chat, web, and SIP/VOIP services over the mesh network.

    Kurt and I more recently have been testing methods of establishing longer distance links. If interested, join us out in the field on Nov. 3. http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...stance-Testing

    Virgil K7VZ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •