Thread: Fiberglass pole for free

Board Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fiberglass pole for free

I have a 40' x 4" fiberglass pole for free to any member who want to pick it up.

Great for dipole and inverted v antennas.

Gary WK7B

602 684 9158 cell

is it possible to post a picture up on here of it?
    thank you

TBARC Member
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Already snagged by k3wyc. if for some reason I can't use it I'll post a picture.

Andy

Visitor
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where can you purchase such a pole? I am new out here, and desperately need three poles to hang along wire antenna from so I can get back on the air.

I would prefer a method of supporting the long wire that does not rely on guy wires for the vertical mounting poles. That being said, I am open to almost anything to get an antenna up.
    I have about a one acre lot, and another lot larger than 1 acre. It would be a great place to have a hamfest! We could easily put 60 cars there, I think, maybe more. Could supply isolated
    ac for a test bench. It also could be a great place for field day operations. Just need a Johnny On The Spot.Along this thread, does anyone have a favorite place to purchase insulated antenna wire that has a couple of steel strands for strength in with the copper?
    I used to buy from a fellow called the wireman, but I can't find his web site anymore. Any recommendations for coax better than RG-8, for HF only? Source?

I think I will find out how many folks read this forum. HUGE :-)

Ham radio is my one outlet for stress relief, seriously :-)

I'll pose another question -- Is there anyone experienced in putting up log wire antennas, and might know of alternate methods to get the wire more than 10 feet off the ground? I would appreciate any positive suggestions.
    Thanks from a handi ham 73 KB2NFQ - Don H.

Board Member
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don,

I just bought a 22' telescoping mast from the mast company for $63, including shipping from NC. hasn;t arrived yet, but the guy has 5/5 rating on eham.net and was very quick to reply to my inquiry via email.

Find him here: http://www.tmastco.com/main/page_welcome.html

73 Rick
    K7TEJ
    Rick Tejera
    K7TEJ

Hi Gary,

Do u still have that pole? I could femininely use it?

Bob KG7ALV (member). Gymnut@cox.net.