Thread: Radio Installation Honda CRV

Radio Installation Honda CRV

Hi, any recommendations of a local shop to do a professional level job installing a dual-band radio (with remote head) into a new Honda 2013 CRV.

This is the first vehicle I've owned that is really "cramped" in the center console and I can't even find an area to velcro the control head too, without interfering with some of the switches and access.

Thank you.

David K7DSD

Visitor
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not know of a local shop to refer you to for installation...

But to give you another idea on mounting location, this is what I did in my truck... I wasn't sure if I would like it at first, but now love the location, so much easier to check what freq I am on or what not while going down the road, and it is not distracting at all ( this last piece may vary depending on the color and brightness of display). I actually fabricated a bracket myself out of some sheet metal to mount in this location. It has been here a year and a half now with no issues.

P1010091.JPG

Thank you for that idea ... I wouldn't feel comfortable snaking cable through the headliner myself, so still will need a local shop. I'm sure I can call any of the 2 way shops, just didn't know if any of them were better dealing with hams and cars.