Formal message traffic handlers, click here for the ARRL Radiogram
Here's a few quick guidelines for formal message traffic:
- Don't read the field names, just their information. Exceptions: start with "Number" and read "Hotel X-ray" if there is a value.
- Spell anything that might be mistaken (to vs too vs two vs figures 2)
- Break between recipient and text, and between text and signature
- Use standard ICAO/NATO phonetics when spelling
- Use "say again" rather than "repeat"
- If the check disagrees with what you have, go back and check with the sending station
- X (x-ray) counts as a word to separate sentences, but never comes at the end of the message